1 stick of salted butter
3/4 cup of sugar
pinch of salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup milk - I used 1% lactose free milk
1/2 cup frozen mixed berried - do NOT defrost before use
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- In a small bowl mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a larger bowl, beat sugar and butter at medium speed until it forms a granular mix. Add one egg at a time and beat it in until mixed.
- Add 1/3 cup of the flour mix and beat it a low speed, enough to incorporate it completely.
- Add cream and continue beating. Next add flour mix, beat it, followed by milk. Add the rest of the flour. With every ingredient added make sure you beat it to incorporate it completely.
- Fold in the frozen berries.
- Transfer to a buttered baking dish (8"x8") and sprinkle some sugar on the top. Bake for 45 mins until its brown on the top and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.