1 large eggplant, cubed into 1/2" pieces
1 large red onion, cubed into 1/2" pieces
1 can of diced tomatoes strained - save atleast 1/3 cup of juice
Crushed red pepper
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tsps of fresh thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsps of olive oil
1 1/2 cups of pasta
- Preheat oven to 375 deg.
- Mix all the ingredients except the pasta in a 9x13" baking dish.
- Bake for 45 mins until veggies are completely cooked.
- 5 mins before done - cook the pasta in 2 cups of salted water and reserve 1/3 cup of pasta water.
- Mix the pasta into the eggplant mix and add the pasta water if more sauce is required. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.