Served 2 very hungry adults
1.5 lb lamb leg steak, 1-inch thick
salt and pepper to season
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 ancho chilli, crushed
2 tbsp of olive oil
2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 cup of red wine, we used a Syrah
1/2 cup of chicken stock
1tbsp of heavy whipping cream
1 small onion, sliced thin
- Rub lamb steak with garlic, salt, pepper and crushed ancho chilli on both side. Marinate it, covered for a couple of hours in the refridgerator.
- Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan and brown the meat for 5 mins on both sides on medium heat. Set aside in a plate and cover it completely with aluminum foil so the meat continues to cook.
- Remove charred bits, if any, from the pan and add an additional tbsp of olive oil. Cook sliced onion with rosemary until it turns translucent to light brown.
- Add stock and wine and simmer for 5 mins. Season with salt if necessary. Add cream and stir. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Uncover the meat, cut into 2 servings and ladle sauce over it. Serve garnished with fresh rosemary.