1/2 head of cabbage, cut into thin strips and chopping those strips into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled
2 small turnips, peeled and cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
2 small carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 small potato, peeled and cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
1 tsp of lemon juice
3 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
1/4 cup of cubed pancetta
1 tbsp of butter
Salt and pepper
- Add pancetta to a tsp of hot olive oil in a soup pot. Cook until the fat renders and pancetta pieces are browned and crisp.
- Add onions and garlic with salt. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add rest of the vegetables and stir for a minute. Add stock, adjust for salt and add ground pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook over low heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add lemon juice and stir in butter.
- Serve hot.