11 July 2010

Beets, fennel and orange salad

I have a love-hate relationship with beets. I loved beets in this salad - it screams SUMMER!

Source: The kitchn
Serves 3

2 valencia oranges, peeled and de-pith
1 bulb fennels, fronds removed
1 tbsp fennel fronds, chopped
2 small beets, peeled and grated, I used my food processor
1 tsp orange zest
3 tsps extra virgin olive oil
Kosher sea salt
Freshly ground pepper
3 tbsp orange juice
  1. Thinly slice the fennel bulb. Toss slices with fennel fronds, salt, pepper, 2 tbsps of orange juice, 2 tsps of olive oil and set aside.
  2. Combine grated beets with 1 tbsp orange juice and 1 tsp olive oil. Set aside.
  3. Slice oranges into 1/4" thick slices.
  4. On a serving plate, arrange a layer of oranges, topped seasoned fennel followed by beets. Serve at room temperature.

1 comment:

Colorwonderful said...

this sounds refreshing. I might try it this weekend.