3 cups pasta, I mixed two kinds
4 oz. smoked salmon, cut into bite size pieces
1/4 cup pine nuts
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 - 1/2 red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, diced
1/3 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup cream
1 tbsp lemon juice
Fresh ground black pepper
- Throw the pasta into a pot of salted, boiling water until cooked al dente. Reserve a cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, dry roast pine nuts in a skillet until light brown. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in the skillet (large enough to hold the pasta later). Add onions and garlic with salt and cook until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add wine and lemon juice and let cook until sauce boils down by half. Add cream and boil for an additional minute.
- Toss in the cooked pasta, smoked pasta and pine nuts. Add a couple of tbsps of the pasta water if the sauce is too dry.
- Garnish with capers or parsley.