1 head cauliflower, cut in florets
1 russet potato, peeled and cubed
2 smallish carrots, peeled and sliced
1 cup frozen peas
1 onion, diced
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 cup of chopped cilantro
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp turmeric
Salt to taste
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a skillet. Add garlic, mustard and cumin seeds. Cook until garlic is lightly browned.
- Add onions with salt. Cook until golden, about 5-6 mins.
- Add tomatoes, ginger, red pepper, turmeric and salt. Cook until tomatoes are cooked through and most of the water is cooked off, about 10 mins.
- Add potatoes and carrots with a tbsp of water. Lower heat to medium, cover and let cook until potatoes are closer to done but not completely done.
- Add cauliflower with 1/4 cup of water. Stir to combine, lower heat to a slow simmer, cover and cook until cauliflower is cooked through. About 20 mins.
- Add peas and cilantro. Cook for another 5 mins.