20 January 2010

Roasted potatoes and cauliflower

I have always found cooking cauliflower fussy and not very rewarding at the end except when V makes his version of gobi-aloo (cauliflower and potatoes). Since I have been roasting everything I can lay my hands on - why not roast cauliflower. Well it turned out fantastic :)
Serves 4

1 head of cauliflower, cored and cut into medium sized florets
2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut in 1/4 inch cubes
Kosher sea salt to taste
2 tsp Ground black pepper
2 tsp Crushed red pepper
3 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup grated cheese - I used aged gouda and manchego mix
  1. Preheat oven to 400 deg.
  2. In a 9x13" baking dish put in the cauliflower and potatoes. Add salt, black pepper, red pepper and lime juice. Drizzle with olive oil.
  3. Roast uncovered for about 30 mins. Check to see if its done. It was a bit crunchy and very lightly browned for me. If not, leave it in there for aother 15 mins.
  4. Garnish with the cheese mixture and serve immediately.

No comments: