I am back from a much needed vacation. I made this before I left in an attempt to use up the last of the squash I had lying around.
1 lb of butternut squash, peeled and seeded
2 tbsp butter
1 lb pasta
1/2 tsp roasted, ground cumin
1 tsp sugar
1 small bunch chopped sage leaves
1/2 cup grated parmesan reggiano
Salt and pepper to taste
- Process chunks of squash until shredded.
- In a broad based skillet, heat butter and add squash, salt, pepper, sugar and cumin. Cook until squash is cooked. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking and add a few tbsps of water as needed. Make sure its not soupy.
- Once the squash begins to cook, add the sage and cook overlow heat. Begin cooking the pasta.
- When the pasta is done, reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and toss the pasta with the squash in the skillet. Use the pasta water if the mixture seems too dry.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Toss in the cheese and serve.