13 June 2012

Quinoa Salad - world famous in Chicago! ;)

Here’s my quinoa salad recipe - it’s very simple really! The reason I haven't posted this recipe is because I never manage to get pictures - it's usually gone real quick! And that is a compliment considering how healthy and quick this is to make! :)

You can kind of get an idea for what this looks like in this picture here where I served this as a side to my Chutney pomfret!  

Recipe -

Cook 1 cup quinoa per instructions on the package – I use a 1:2 ratio of quinoa& water.

In a bowl add the following ingredients (some finely chopped) in any proportion/quantity you prefer –you can mix and match these based on what you have in your fridge.  

· Cooked quinoa
· Cucumber (Persian)
· Bell peppers - multi colored
· Green Chillies
· Onions
· Garbanzo/Rajma/black beans – I used canned (drained & washed) 
· Fruit– Pomegranate seeds/apples – whatever tickles your fancy
· Fresh mint leaves
· Fresh cilantro
· Lime juice
· Jeera pwd
· Salt to taste 
· Optional - Sometimes I also add feta cheese for an additional flavor profile.

 Mix, adjust seasoning as appropriate and enjoy! I wasn’t kidding when I said this was simple! J

No comments: