Source: Mark Bittman (http://markbittman.com/this-weeks-minimalist-cheddar-biscotti)
Makes about 10-12 biscottis
1 1/2 grated cheddar cheese - I used 8 year cheddar from the Madison farmers market
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- In a food processor, beat 2 eggs with cheese using the dough blade.
- Add flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper and salt if you think the cheese wasn't salty enough.
- Process the mixture pulsing it a few time until the flour is just about incorporated and still crumbly. DO NOT over-process!
- Shake it out of the processor onto a floured surface and bring it together in a rectangular shape about an inch thick.
- place on a oiled or buttered baking sheet and bake for 35 mins.
- Slice the 'loaf'diagonally about 3/4 inch thick. Place it face up on the baking sheet and rebake it for another 30 mins.
- Let cool and snack away! Works really well with Jalapeno jelly...so good.