Source: Farmgirl fare
Makes 8 large scones
2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tbsp + 2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 ounces grated cheese - I used purrano
4 ounces cream cheese - I used one with garlic, microwave if necessary it should be soft
4 scallions, sliced both green and white parts
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400 deg.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a big bowl.
- Add cheeses and use a fork to fold the flour over the cheeses. Don't overwork the mixture.
- Add scallions and use the fork to lightly combine.
- Beat the egg with milk and whipping cream in another bowl. Fold this into the flour and cheese mixture. Comine until its roughly mixed.
- Flour the working surface and your hands. Get the flour mixture out and form a pie about an inch thick. Use a floured knife to cut the pie into 8 wedges.
- Brush the scones with a mixture of 1 egg and 2 tbsp of flour. Bake scones on a buttered baking dish for 20mins. Let cool before serving with some jalapeno jelly :)