26 December 2011

Spreading Christmas Cheer - Chocolate Cake!

I always bake for Christmas and since I was travelling this year, I picked an easy & never-fail Smitten Kitchen recipe - Everyday Chocolate Cake that I could recreate with minimal ingredients in my friend's kitchen.



I used Scharffen Berger Chocolate and it turned out fantastic. The only thing I added was the Chocolate frosting on top that was melted chocolate - Half & Half - Dark rum + Grand Marnier. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the cake with the frosting, but I can confirm it was a hit! How can you go wrong with chocolate and alcohol! ;)

I wish all of you Happy Holidays and a very happy New Year!  Cheers!

2 comments:

Gayatri said...

Deepthi you won't believe I've been eyeing that Smitten Kitchen cake for almost a month now, since Nupur made it. Since I cannot bake to save my life, you're my only hope! I WAAAANNNTT!

Gayatri

Anonymous said...

Haha - let's back together when I'm back. It's really simple - really! :) But the alcohol did the trick to take this recipe to another level. ;)