16 August 2010

Spicy Oven Fried Chicken

oven fried chicken legs


oven fried chicken legs

I got this recipe and images from http://everybodylikessandwiches.com, and thought I should give it a try this weekend. So here it is my First post! ha!

oven fried chicken legs

spicy oven-fried chicken
(from epicurious )
1 c yogurt
1/4 c skim milk (I used whole milk)
juice & zest of 1/2 lemon
4 T Sairacha Hot Sauce
2 T Dijon mustard
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 t salt
1 t ground black pepper
1/2 onion, sliced
5 chicken legs with skin and bones (organic & free range)

1 c dry breadcrumbs or crushed crackers
1/4 c flour
2 t dried thyme
2 t cayenne pepper

1 T Butter

In a large bowl, whisk together everything from the yogurt to the onions. Submerge the chicken legs and let marinate for 3 hours or overnight, turning chicken occasionally.

Preheat oven to 425F. In another large bowl, combine the breadcrumbs to the cayenne pepper. Pull out a large baking dish so that it’s handy. Using one hand (for less mess), pull out a chicken leg from the yogurt bowl and give it a little shake to get rid of excess drips. Dredge the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture and place it in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining legs. Dot each piece of chicken with some butter and bake until the chicken browns and gets crispy, about 50 minutes.

I apologize for the quality of the picture but I didn't have a camera on me so I ended up using my ever handy blackberry. Enjoy!



2 comments:

Safiya said...

I am going to try this next time I get chicken. Who doesn't like fried chicken!

lauren carney said...

hoe hum gosh golly.
I find your blog to be rather swell.
The tasty display of pretty pictures here there and everywhere make
me smile <3
x x x