1/2 squash, halved, drizzled with soy sauce, wrapped in aluminum foil anf roasted at 425 deg until you can easily pierce it with a blunt knife
2 carrots, roughly cubed
1 potato, cubed
1 large red onion, cubed
1 turnip, cubed
1 bunch of kale, stemmed and chopped in strips
3 springs of fresh thyme leaves
2 crushed red pepper
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oevn to 375 deg. In a baking, add potato, carrots, onion, turnip, crushed red pepper, garlic, salt, pepper and a healthy glug of olive oil to coat.
- Roast uncovered until potatoes are cooked through and onions have caramelized at the edges.
- Process roasted veggies along with the squash pulp until a few chunks remain.
- In a soup pot combine processed veggies, kale and thyme. Add 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, cover and cook until Kale is done, about 20 mins.
- Taste and adjust for salt.