From 101 cookbooks :)
Makes about 12 falafels
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
2 dried red chillies
2 cloves of garlic
juice of 1/2 a lemon
3/4 cup of gram flour
a cup of roughly chopped fresh coriander
1 tbsp of white sesame seeds
Salt and pepper
- Grind the coriander seeds, cumin seeds and dried red chillies in a coffee grinder.
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. Cube sweet potatoes, sprinkle the ground spices, salt, pepper and a couple of tsps of olive oil. Make sure the cubes are well coated. Bake for 30 mins or until done.
- Set aside to cool. When it is cool to touch, toss it into a bowl, add lemon juice and flour. Mash it all up until its doughy. If its too dry, add a little lemon juice or olive oil. Taste to adjust seasonings.
- Make little table spoon sized balls, place on a lightly oiled baking dish and sprinkle with seasame seeds.
- Bake for 20 mins until it has browned a bit and serve hot.